[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: Java "security holes'

There is nothing new in Java particularly.
It is stripped-down C++ compiled into a souped-up p-code. The interpreter
(or virtual machine) for said p-code is integrated into the Netscape
browser although not in the most popular platform: MS Windows 3.1 and DOS.

It is the ready availability and ease of use that seem to be the cause of
panic. It does not change anything in IP or DNS. BTW, what happens if you
d/l the applet from a group of servers faking being one server? Each time
you connect you get a different IP address for the same name. NCSA does this.